REQUEST A QUOTE
Just fill in your details and one of our helpful sales staff will contact you. Alternatively you can call (08) 9521 4177 to speak with us directly.
DID YOU KNOW?
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PROPERTY FOR YOUR TANK
Before most water tanks can be installed, a stable sand pad foundation must be prepared.
There are some important things to consider when selecting your tank site and preparing the pad:
- 1The sand pad must be level, stable and free of debris prior to construction.
- 2The sand pad must be at least two metres larger than the diameter of your tank.
- 3For sloping tank sites, ensure adequate drainage to divert run off away from the tank wall.
- 4Aggregate must be placed around the circumference of your tank to stop erosion and comply with warranty conditions*.
- 5A retaining wall may be required to maintain pad integrity**.
- 6Your tank should not be left empty for an extended period of time. A minimum load of water (10% of tank capacity) should be placed in your tank at the completion of construction.
* Check with us to see if we can provide this additional service. If not, you will need to make sure this is appropriately applied after installation yourself
** 1,000 litres of stored water weighs 1,000kgs (1 tonne).
Although a properly prepared sand pad will minimise the risk of contaminants or debris compromising your water supply, Pioneer Water Tanks Margaret River also recommends installing a geotextile membrane for added protection.
Before you start preparing your site for installation of your water tank, Pioneer Water Tanks Margaret River also recommends you contact your local shire to see if there are any regulations or restrictions in place.